FX School's Visual Effects courses are designed to create ready professionals for the VFX industry. Students learn to create sophisticated visual effects with in-depth instruction in select software popularly used in the industry.
A unique feature of this course is the dual certification that students receive when they complete it. The VFX pro course in the world's leading compositing package, The Foundry's Nuke, has been designed in collaboration with world leaders in online VFX education training, fxphd. Upon completion of the course, students received certification from fxphd as well as FX School.
FX School offers an 11-month Advanced Certificate course comprising four modules and a Professional Certificate course comprising a 3-month Professional Project Development module that enables you to make a high-quality short film showcasing your VFX skills, which will be closely mentored by our VFX faculty.Click here for More Course Info
Advanced Certificate in Visual Effects
Module 1: Foundation
The Foundation module in VFX focuses on giving you a strong base upon which you will build and enhance your skills as you move on to more sophisticated software and techniques later in the course. You will learn key concepts, tools and techniques, including an introduction to After Effects.
- Introduction to Matte Painting and the Role of Matte Painting in Visual Effects
- Introduction to Photoshop and Photoshop tools
- Introduction to After Effects
- Animation in After Effects
Module 2: Specialisation
This module focuses on teaching fundamental Compositing techniques as well as Motion Graphics, using After Effects.
- Setting Up a 2.5D Matte Paint in After Effects
- Chroma Keying & Compositing Fundamentals
- 2D Motion Tracking
- Planar Tracking using After Effects and Mocha
- 3D Match-moving
- Introduction to Compositing CG passes
Module 3: Advanced After Effects and Introduction to Nuke
In this module, the objective is to help you develop advanced compositing skills in After Effects and give you an overview of The Foundry's Nuke, a leading compositing software used widely in the industry.
Learning advance Clean up techniques as under:
- Clean Plate
- Motion Graphics:
- Understanding Shape Layers and creating some cool animation using the same
- Learning various plugins that facilitate in creating some awesome motion graphics
- Introduction to the Nuke Interface
- The Merge Node
- Introduction to Chroma Keying
- Nuke 3D Space and the 3D Interface
Module 4: NUKE - International Certification by fxphd
The fxphd in The Foundry’s Nuke module comprises three months of intense training in The Foundry's Nuke, one of the topmost compositing software, designed in collaboration with world leaders in online VFX education, fxphd. You will learn the entire functioning of the node-based software along with production related techniques for optimizing and speeding up the pace of production.
- Advance Keying and blending techniques using Primatte and Keylight
- Motion Tracking including Keyframe tracking and Planar Tracking
- Multi-pass CG Compositing and Optimising Render Passes
- Understanding Nuke's 3D system and setting up a Matte paint using it
- Camera Projection
- Camera Tracking and clean plate projection
- Clean Up using the RotoPaint Node
- The Stereoscopic Workflow in a Production Pipeline
Professional Certificate in Visual Effects
Professional Project Development (PPD)
In this module, you will make a high-end VFX short film showcasing all the advanced techniques you have learnt during your course. You will learn advanced projection and keying techniques. While working on your projects, there will meetings at regular pre-determined intervals with the faculty to monitor progress.
- Camera Projection on 3D models in Nuke
- 3D Camera Projection in After Effects
- The Smart Vector Toolset
- IBK Keyer
- Advanced Title Animation
New Batch Starts on 4th Jan
Why FX School
- Top Ranked Institute by HT
- International Education Partnership with FXPHD
- Internationally trained faculty
- Award-Winning Students & Alumni
- 100% Apple Mac Environment in all digital labs
- Fully equipped professional-grade Chroma studio
- Project & Practicals oriented curriculum that ensures that you have a high-quality demo-reel at the end of the course
- Live Online Training during Lockdowns -- NO Time Wasted!
- No Cost EMI Education Loans Available!
Jishnu P DevDiploma in VFX
After completing his diploma course in VFX at FX school, Jishnu worked as a VFX artist, Lead VFX Artist and eventually VFX Supervisor at FXS, FX School's production wing. The films he worked on include Ram Gopal Varma's "Dongala Mutha" "Not a Love Story" and "The Attacks of 26/11." He went on to become the VFX supervisor of the film "Queen" directed by Vikas Bahl. He currently runs his own production studio called Corridor Studios.
Click here to view Jishnu's credits on IMDB
Rashabh Butani Diploma in VFX
After completing his diploma in VFX at FX School, Rashabh worked at FXS, FX School’s production wing, as an assistant cinematographer. He was recruited by Rhythmn&Hues where he worked on films such as Snow White and the Huntsman” and “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters” and “Life of Pi.” He went on to join Double Negative in London and worked on “Interstellar” as a compositor. He is now working as a Freelance Compositor with MPC Bangalore.
Click here to view Rashabh's credits on IMDB