FX School's project-oriented courses in CG Animation are designed to help you to become a highly skilled, production-ready professional in the Animation, Visual Effects and Gaming industry. In addition to acquiring a strong foundation in the Unity game engine, you master cutting edge techniques in Blender which enables you to make a high-quality short film showcasing your CG skills.
FX School offers a 12-month Advanced Certificate course comprising four modules. This course prepares students to fit into a studio production environment. Students who complete this course will have superior technical skills and a definite edge in the job market.Click here for More Course Info
Advanced Certificate in CG Animation
Module 1: Foundation in Gaming & Computer Graphics
The Foundation module in Gaming and Computer Graphics aims to give the student an understanding of CGI (Computer Generated Imagery) and the Gaming Industry including their Production Pipelines. Students will learn the basics of Blender and the Unity game engine.
Course Outline CG Animation
- Understanding 3D Space and Elements
- Introduction to Blender
- Camera Animation
- Introduction to Blender & Blender Tools
- Asset Layout in Blender
- Modelling Tools
- Using low polygon modelling fundamentals for quick asset creation
- Intro to 3D camera
- Creating cinematic 3D environments in Blender
- Creating and Exporting Game-ready Assets in Blender
Course Outline Game Design & Development
- Gaming Platforms and Markets
- Project Management in Unity
- Game Production Pipeline & Documentation
- Introduction to Unity
- Importing of Assets into Unity
- Creating an Environment in Unity
- Lighting Techniques in Unity
Module 2: Basics of Shading, Texturing,Lighting and Rendering in Blender's High-End Cycles Render Engine
The objective of this module is to introduce students to Blender’s powerful render engine - Cycles and how to expedite and use the Shaders and Materials linked to the engine. Students also get a crash course in lighting and rendering in this module.
- Introduction to Cycles Render Engine
- Beginners guide to Photoshop
- Understanding the concepts of U. V. Mapping in 3D
- Fundamentals of Texturing
- Understanding the different PBR maps used in 3D
- Creating Bump, Normal and Displacement maps in Blender and Photoshop
- Using Texture nodes to light a scene in Blender
- Setting up camera and the scene in 3D
- Introduction to Rendering
- Setting up a dynamic frame
- Render settings and how to optimize your output
- Polish and Presentation - Post Processing using Photoshop
Module 3: Animation and Rigging in 3D
This module will enable students to learn animation and rigging techniques using Blender.
- History of Animation
- Introduction to Animation Principles
- Basic Animation Techniques and Tools
- Applying the Principles of Animation
- Introduction to Rigging
- Understanding Rig types
- Dissecting the Human Meta-Rig
- Cycle and Loop Animation
Module 4: Advanced 3D Techniques and Look Development in Blender
The Advanced 3D Techniques and Look Development in Blender Pro course introduces students to more advanced concepts and techniques in Blender.
- Advanced Storyboarding
- Advanced UV Editing and Texturing
- Introduction to HDR Lighting
- Look Development using PBR Shader
- Advanced fundamentals of digital lighting in Blender
- Using the Real-time Rendering Engine
New Batch Starts on 4th Jan
Why FX School
- Top Ranked Institute by HT
- Internationally trained faculty
- 100% Apple Mac Environment in all digital labs
- Award-Winning Students & Alumni
- Live Online Training during Lockdowns -- NO Time Wasted!
- Project & Practicals oriented curriculum that ensures that you have a high-quality demo-reel at the end of the course
- No Cost EMI Education Loans Available!
Usba MominCourses in CG Animation
The infrastructure of our school is good.All the facilities that a student requires is present in our school.Our teachers are very helpfull.They always help us to gain knowledge about the new softwares and course.Quality of placements is very good, most of the students of our branch got selected in very top industries.We can say that our institute is one of the best institute in India.
Prachi Shah Diploma in CG Animation
I had a very joyful journey at FX School. Learning elsewhere would have just not matched up. The CG faculty here are the best people at their job. They taught us in the most understandable and also fun way. I want to thank FX School for letting me explore and learn new things. :) It was a treat learning at FX School!